Launched in 2017, Patriot tires are made by the fast-growing tire manufacturing company Omni United. Although the company headquarters are located in Singapore, most Patriot tires are manufactured in the company’s Taiwan-based plants.
Besides, the rubber used to make these tires are imported from Thailand and Malaysia. Apart from Patriot, Omni United owns several other tire brands, such as Radar, Timberland, American Tourer, and Corsa.
Omni United sells over 5 million tires every year in 80 countries around the world. Let’s dive deep and learn more about who makes Patriot tires, where the tires are made, and whether Patriot tires are worth buying.
Recent Post >> Lancaster Tires: Who Makes, Own & Manufactured (Explained)
Patriot Tires Production and Distribution overview
Omni United is described as ‘American-Owned’, but its headquarters are located in Singapore. The company had 14 facilities in 4 countries. So, where are Patriot tires manufactured?
Patriot tires are manufactured in Taiwan with Malaysia- and Thailand-imported raw materials. However, tire design, testing, distribution, sales, marketing, and customer services are managed from the Omni United facilities located in the United States.
As for distribution, Patriot tires are distributed by Omni United in a few approved outlets. Patriot tires are sold by selected tire retailers in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Besides, the brand has recently been approved to sell tires in Ireland and the United Kingdom.
History of Omni United: A Year-by-Year Discussion
Now, let’s discuss how the owner of Patriot tires joined the business and became a pretty known name in the tire industry. Here’s a year-by-year discussion:
2003 to 2009
- In 2003, Omni United was founded by tire designer and entrepreneur GS Sareen. The company was headquartered in Singapore, and it’s still the main base of Omni United. GS Sareen wanted to utilize his knowledge of tires to build a design-driven tire empire that would provide solutions to chain inefficiencies present in the industry during that time.He ensured reliable sourcing and great customer service to offer the best for the consumers.
- The Economic Development Board of Singapore placed Omni United among the fastest-growing companies as it grew surprisingly fast just in 3 years. In 2006, Omni United launched its flagship tire brand ‘Radar Tires‘.
- Omni United focuses on providing the best possible quality and materials at affordable prices. It was already a reliable name in Singapore by 2009.
2011 to 2013
- Omni United partnered with the BCRF, or Breast Cancer Research Foundation, in 2011. Together they launched the Mobilising Hope campaign that focuses on the prevention and cure of breast cancer.
For the first time in the world tire industry, Omni United introduced a limited edition of pink ribbon tires.
- In 2013, the company signed up for a study that estimated the impact of Radar tires on the environment. When it was reported that the amount of Carbon Dioxide emission was too high, the company instantly took action. By the end of 2013, Radar was declared the world’s first carbon-neutral tire brand.
2016 to 2020
- As mentioned, Patriot was launched by Omni United in 2016. A range of passenger cars and light truck tires was included in the brand to combine safety and functionality in a very affordable price range.
- After a year, Omni United the new tire brand ‘American Tourer’ for passenger cars and light trucks. As the name suggests, the brand focuses mainly on the needs of USA-based consumers.
- To expand its business in Europe, Omni United launched a new passenger car tire brand ‘Tecnica‘. Initially, these tires were only available in Europe. By the year 2020, Tecnica was made available in a few different parts of the world.
are patriot tires any good – Is It Worth Buying Patriot Tires?
Since Patriot is a comparatively newer brand on the market, you might have doubts about its quality. So, let’s discuss the brand’s reliability and what people are saying about Patriot.
We will also tell you about the different features of Patriot tires and find out how they perform while riding.
#1- Brand Reliability
Of course, we can’t compare Patriot with decades-old high-end brands like Goodyear or Michelin. Since Patriot is a new tire brand, not many people have talked about it yet. Besides, Patriot tires aren’t standard for any vehicle. People only buy them as replacement tires.
However, its parent company Omni United is a well-known name in both Asia and the USA. So, we recommend going for Patriot tires only if you want a replacement or niche tire at pocket-friendly prices.
#2- Customer Ratings
What makes Patriot tires great is the huge number of positive ratings from customers. On Amazon, 63% of buyers gave the Patriot all-terrain tire a 5-star rating, and only 9% of them went with 1 star. Most customers praised Patriot tires for their looks, handling, and price. Most of the complaints are regarding the tire material and tread pattern.
On Simpletire.com, 21 buyers gave the tire a 5-star rating, and none of them gave it a 1-star. Judging by the reviews, we can conclude that Patriot tires offer decent performance on the road, and you’ll get value for your money.
#3- Tire Lineup
One major drawback of Patriot tires is that there are not many variations available in its tire lineup. The brand makes tires only for passenger cars and light trucks. Besides, there are no season-specific tire lines.
Here’s the tire lineup of Patriot-
- PATRIOT® H/T: For highway terrain; All-season
- PATRIOT® H/T: For all-terrain; All-season
- PATRIOT® R/T: For rugged terrain; All-season
- PATRIOT® R/T+: For rugged terrain; All-season
#4- Tire Material
Patriot uses the same material for all its tires. While the silica-mixed rubber compound is strong, it’s not suitable for all types of vehicles. To solve this issue, heavy-duty Patriot tires, such as rugged terrain and all-terrain tireshave a 3-ply construction.
Hence, these tires can easily carry the load of heavier vehicles and withstand chips and punctures.
#5- Tread Design
To make the tires suitable for all seasons and terrains, Patriot uses unique tread patterns for different tire lines. For example, mud-terrain and all-season tires feature staggered block patterns with 4 wide longitudinal grooves. This design allows the tire to expel water and mud while offering sufficient traction.
Some Patriot tires feature wide tread blocks in the center to balance weight distribution. It also ensures that the tread wear is even. Overall, the different tread designs are great for regular driving.
#6- Comfort and Noise
As the tread block shapes and sizes are computer optimized, the Patriot tires offer great traction on different terrains. Therefore, the tires ensure good handling. Multiple angled sipes and lateral grooves are included to expel water, stones, and rocks.
This way, your rides are more comfortable on rough terrains. However, when it comes to noise handling, Patriot tires don’t offer the best. In fact, the tires make your rides pretty loud, which is annoying for most users.
#7-Winter and Snow Performance
Patriot doesn’t have any separate winter or snow tire line. Hence, all-season tires are your only option. These tires have optimized shoulder blocks and a strong rib design. Although the all-season tires have M+S (Mud and Snow) rating, they don’t offer as good traction on snow as other well-known brands. Hence, Patriot tires aren’t the best for snow or ice.
#8- Durability and Warranty
Typically, Patriot tires can survive 30,000 miles or more. The brand offers a 2-year warranty for all its tires. Some Patriot tire lines come with a 50,000 miles warranty.
While this is not the best a brand can offer, you certainly get what you pay for. Be careful though; some users complain about the durability of the tire. You might face blowouts more often, and the tread can wear before the warranty expires.
So, now you know who makes Patriot tires and whether the tires are any good. Omni United started making Patriot tires in 2016, and the brand has been developing and expanding ever since.
While Patriot tires aren’t as good as the top-rated brands, they are affordable and worth the price. The brand offers great all-season and mud-terrain tires. However, if you’re looking for durability and diversity, Patriot tires won’t be a good choice.
Patriot tires are distributed in the USA from the Michigan warehouse of Omni United. You can visit the official site of Omni United to find verified sellers in your locality.
Certification: BSc in Mechanical Engineering
Education: Mechanical engineer
Lives In: 539 W Commerce St, Dallas, TX 75208, USA
Rasel is an auto mechanic student and writer with over half a decade of experience in the automotive field. He has worked with top automotive brands such as Lexus, Quantum, and also owns two automotive blogs autocarneed.com and taxiwiz.com.